Easy Pomegranate and Raspberry Ice Cream RecipeNovember 18, 2016
The first harbinger of summer and Christmas is officially here – gleaming ruby red droplets of pomegranate. To celebrate, why not give this easy pomegranate and raspberry ice cream recipe a try?
We love this pomegranate and raspberry ice cream recipe. It’s absolutely no fuss – Nothing to be churned or whisked or rotated for hours at a time. In fact, with no added sugar beyond the sweetness of raspberries and a little honey, we reckon this could even be a summery Sunday breakfast. So what are you waiting for? Let’s whip up a batch!
Our Easy Pomegranate & Raspberry Ice Cream Recipe
600g plain greek yoghurt
200g frozen raspberries
4 tbsp honey
250ml thickened cream (must be able to be whipped)
Seeds of 1 pomegranate
50g crushed pistachios
- Let the raspberries thaw and puree them with a stick blender or food processor. Strain the purée through a sieve to get rid of seeds.
- Add the yoghurt to a mixing bowl and mix in the honey, vanilla seeds and the raspberry purée.
- With an electric beater, beat cream until it’s thick and add to the mixture – stir in gently.
- Mix in 3/4 of the pomegranate seeds and 25g of the pistachios into the ice cream mixture and pour into your loaf tin and cover with cling film.
- Place in the freezer over night.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle on the rest of the pomegranate seeds and pistachio.