How to Make CroissantsNovember 25, 2016
Wondering how to make croissants? Wonder no more…
In a scant 25 minutes, these mini croissants, complete with sweet and savoury fillings are ready to be devoured!
Our absolute favourite part of this quick cooking hack is that you can keep a packet of puff pastry in the freezer and thaw in the fridge overnight when the mood strikes you. We’ve chosen to fill our mini croissants with milk chocolate, white chocolate & matcha powder, and pesto & bocconcini, but you can put anything at all inside these little parcels – just be sure not to overstuff them! Our other favourites are marscapone and berries, ham and cheddar, and tomatoes and pesto.
What will your favourite combination be for these tasty afternoon snacks or indulgent Sunday breakfast treats?
How to Make Croissants (the cheat’s way!)
- 1 packet puff pastry
- 1 block milk chocolate
- 1 block white chocolate
- 2 tbps matcha powder
- A little hot water
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1 egg, whisked, or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Roll out the puff pastry (or lay out the sheet if it’s come in pre rolled sheets) and cut into triangles.
- Prepare fillings by breaking chocolate into squares, and mixing the matcha powder with a little hot water so it forms a paste.
- Place the filling in the fattest part of the triangle, make a small incision, then roll up and shape into a crescent.
- Place into a floured baking tray. Brush with egg wash or butter.
- Cook for 25min at 190°C . Enjoy!