Gourmet Recipes: create your own romance! February 14, 2020
Set hearts racing this Valentine’s Day by skipping the crowded restaurant and creating your own restaurant quality dinner at home.
As we all know, a heartfelt effort trumps anything you can buy at the shops. So pop on an apron, pour yourself a glass of wine and cook a romantic gourmet meal for you and your loved one.
We think there’s a few things that make a romantic dinner truly special, like the table setting, music and most importantly; what gourmet goodness to create.
So pop on the soothing sounds of Joni Mitchell or Michael Buble, and in a few simple steps you’ll have mouths watering and hearts melting.
They say we eat with our eyes, so here’s our top tips for sprucing up the dining table:
- Lay out a fresh table cloth
- Polish the silver with a tea towel
- Light some candles (bonus points if they smell good!)
- Pop some freshly-picked flowers in a vase to add colour to the table
Some of our favourite recipes:
- For seafood lovers: The Pesto & Macadamia Crusted Ocean Trout will transform dinnertime from good to out-of-this-world delicious. And the Chilli Prawn Linguine is sure to impress those who prefer pasta, especially when it’s sprinkled with pangrattato.
- For those who like it hot: Our Prawn Thai Red Curry is sure to spice things up in the kitchen and help you escape from the everyday.
- For the traditionalists: You can’t go past our Spiced Lamb Rump & Parsley Yoghurt. It’s combined with cauliflower and browned butter – making it the romantic recipe for you. Or, why not turn the humble chicken breast into restaurant quality goodness by wrapping it in prosciutto?
The age old adage says the way to someone’s heart is through their stomach, and we think these delicious dishes might just get you there!
Happy Valentine’s Day.