Gourmet Recipes: create your own romance!February 11, 2021
Love is on the menu this Valentine’s Day, and we think the best way to celebrate is to serve up your own restaurant-quality dinner at home.
As we all know, a heartfelt effort trumps anything you can buy at the shops. So pop on an apron, pour yourself a glass of wine and cook a romantic gourmet meal for you and your loved one.
We think there’s a few things that make a romantic dinner truly special. Things like the table setting and music are important but the crucial ingredient is of course, the food.
So pop on the soothing sounds of Joni Mitchell or Michael Bublé, and in a few simple steps you’ll have mouths watering and hearts melting.
They say we eat with our eyes, so here’s our top tips for sprucing up the dining table:
- Lay a good base! Pop out a fresh tablecloth and placemats
- Get out the fancy silverware and give it a quick polish with a tea towel
- Light some candles (bonus points if they smell good!)
- Pop some freshly-picked flowers in a vase for a touch of colour
Some of our favourite recipes:
- For seafood lovers: The Ocean Trout & Thai Coconut Sauce will transform dinnertime from good to out-of-this-world delicious. And the Chilli Prawn Linguine is sure to impress those who prefer pasta, especially when it’s sprinkled with pangrattato.
- For the traditionalists: You can’t go past our Spiced Lamb Rump & Parsley Yoghurt. It’s combined with cauliflower and browned butter – making it the romantic recipe for you. Or, why not turn the humble chicken breast into restaurant quality goodness by wrapping it in prosciutto?
- For those who like it hot: Our Prawn Thai Red Curry is sure to spice things up in the kitchen and help you escape from the everyday.
The age old adage says the way to someone’s heart is through their stomach, and we think these delicious dishes might just get you there!
Happy Valentine’s Day.