Double Pea Crostini – the perfect starter for a Valentine’s or GALentine’s Day dinnerFebruary 12, 2016
Honestly, at this point, I’m selfishly using Valentine’s Day as an excuse to do fun stuff I wanna do.
Take this Double Pea Crostini for example – I’ll be taking it to my Galentine’s Day party under the pretence that it’s romantic and because my hot singles and couples on Valentine’s Day are worth it. Which is technically true. But if I’m being honest? It’s because the delicious combination of chickpeas, green peas, Parmesan and walnut is so irresistible to me that I’m going to need other people around so I don’t eat it all.
We’ve finished this crunchy crostini with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil – but a smattering of honey would also be divine – drawing out the nuttiness of walnuts and highlighting the sweetness of green peas.
Whether you’re single and ready to mingle or coupled up and clucky, I can’t recommend this crostini highly enough.
Double Pea and Walnut Crostini
- 1 handful fresh peas
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large handful freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Crushed walnuts
- Baguette or crostini, sliced into rounds
- Preheat and oven to 150°C. Place the crostini on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes, turning over after 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix your chick peas, garlic, peas, cumin, garlic & olive oil until it’s pulped with chunks. If it’s too thick, add some extra olive oil.
- Spread this over your hot crostini and garnish with lemon juice, salt pepper and some parmesan shavings. Finally add a sprinkle of crushed walnut and a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!