The best Christmas Pudding recipeDecember 23, 2015
What do you get when you combine pudding, berries and white chocolate? Why it’s only the best Christmas Pudding recipe ever!
This Christmas Pudding may at first not look the part, but it’s a sticky-icky ooey-gooey pudding that comes out steaming hot, with beautiful glossy redcurrant and cranberry sauce, and white chocolate for a snowy indulgent topping.
Forget puddings that need to be boiled and hung for days as well. This beauty can be whipped up in no time at all – that’s right, you can have it on the table today and no one would be the wiser.
Berry & White Pudding with White Chocolate Sauce
For the topping
- 175g fresh cranberries
- 200g jar redcurrant jelly (also known as redcurrant sauce)
- 50g caster sugar
For the sponge
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 4 eggs, whisked
- seeds from a vanilla pod
- 200g butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- For the custard
- 500ml pot fresh vanilla custard
- 100g white chocolate
- Add the redcurrant jelly and sugar, with 100g of the cranberries into a pan. Cook for about 5 minutes at a medium heat.
- Meanwhile, grease a 1.4 litre pudding basin and put a pan of water on the stove to simmer.
- Grease a large sheet of baking paper and add a piece of foil of the same size, then fold a pleat in the middle.
- In a bowl, use a whisk to combine all the sponge ingredients, then add the remaining cranberries. Add about half of of the cranberry mix into the pudding basin and then add the sponge mix on top.
- Cover the pudding basin with the greaseproof paper and foil and then tie with a string.
- Steam the pudding with a lid on for 1.5 hours.
- Warm the rest of the cranberry mix up, turn the pudding out and pour the cranberry mix on top.
- To make the white chocolate custard, put the chocolate into a microwave-proof bowl, add the custard and heat according to pack instructions, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate has melted.
We know it’s a big claim, so please, let us know your best Christmas pudding recipe in the comments below. We’re always up for a competition if it involves eating plenty of dessert.