Tips to creating the perfect homemade bolognese!June 16, 2015
This week we have a classic on the menu – the always beloved Bolognese! If there is one thing we know about food, it is that everyone has a different way of making this delicious number. With this in mind, we asked everyone here at HelloFresh HQ their tips for achieving this pasta perfection and have included some of them below.
Get cooking with this week’s bolognese recipe and let us know any tips you have! Put these tips to the test and see our recipe for Pork & Veal Rigatoni Bolognese below.
Perfect homemade bolognese!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & crushed
- 250 g pork & veal mince
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs red wine
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley
- 200 g rigatoni pasta
- 25 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the brown onion, celery, and carrot and cook, stirring, for 7-8 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the pork and veal mince and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add the diced tomatoes and red wine and bring to the boil. Stir through the tomato paste and sugar. Cover with a lid and simmer over a medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Remove the lid and cook, uncovered, for a further 5 minutes, until it thickens slightly. Stir through half of the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the rigatoni to the boiling water and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until al dente, stirring regularly to ensure the rigatoni does not stick. Drain. Return to the pot and stir the bolognese sauce through the rigatoni to coat well.
- Divide the rigatoni bolognese between bowls. Garnish with the remaining parsley and Parmesan cheese.
To enjoy have recipes like this, along with all the fresh ingredients you need to make them delivered to your home, check out our website www.hellofresh.com.au.