Our Perfect Asparagus & Gorgonzola Tart Recipe!July 2, 2015
They often say that opposites attract, and this recipe will show you why! Who would have thought that long, smooth asparagus would go this well with cracked and salty gorgonzola? We sure didn’t – until we popped them together in a tart that is!
To taste what we’re going on about for yourself, follow the tart recipe below.
Our Perfect Asparagus & Gorgonzola Tart Recipe!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 200 g gorgonzola cheese, roughly chopped
- 10 asparagus, bottoms trimmed
- 50 g Emmental cheese, grated
- 3 egg yolks
- 50 ml milk
- 1 handful cress leaves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Roll the pastry across the lined tray and score the edges to make a border. Lightly brush the oil on the pastry border and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and parboil the asparagus for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the egg, Emmental cheese, and milk in a bowl.
- Remove the partially baked pastry from the oven and top with the asparagus and egg mixture. Then, top with the gorgonzola and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- When your tart is nicely browned, remove it from the oven and sprinkle over the cress leaves. Cut into portions and enjoy!
Would you try this beautiful Asparagus and Gorgonzola Tart Recipe at home? Let us know in the comments!