Avocado Devilled Eggs: Part 1 of our party food seriesMarch 15, 2016
It’s officially started… In garages, at pubs, in lounge rooms around the country, calls of “Ref! Are you blind?!” and “Go you bloody good thing!” can be heard emanating into the street. Football season is now open us (non-Sports fans, tune out until mid November). The mighty machine is in motion, and all over the country sports fans are breathing a sigh of relief and preparing for the joy on a Sunday afternoon spent snacking and barracking for their team.
The cognitive dissonance that is eating a KFC Zinger burger, half a packet of imported Cool Ranch Doritos and a six pack of beer while watching athletic 20 year old men handle a ball and each other is not lost of we HelloFresh sports fans though. It’s 2016, and honestly, it’s time you started snacking responsibly. With these avocado devilled eggs, you can! They’re as wholesome as they are tasty.
We’ve served our avocado devilled eggs with a host of other delicious, healthier version snacks perfect for a day of hardcore low participation (for you) sports. If you wanted to though, you could easily crisp up some Lebanese bread segments to have with these – yummo!
Avocado Devilled Eggs
- 5 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 avocado
- Lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Paprika (or chilli powder for the very adventurous)
- Chives, chopped
- Hard boil eggs by spooning into furiously boiling water for 6 – 7 minutes.
- Set aside in a bowl of cool water and then peel and halve when cooled.
- Spoon out the egg yolks and reserve in a bowl.
- To make the guacamole, combine avocado, lime juice, salt, pepper, chopped tomato and egg yolks together and mash until fairly smooth (we like ours to still be a little chunky).
- Using a piping bag, top the eggs with the piped guacamole mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika and chives and enjoy!