Treat Mum with Breakfast in Bed this Mother’s Day May 8, 2018
Mother’s Day, is the one day of the year that is all about Mum.. and given they do so much for us every other day of the year we think it goes without saying that they deserve to be spoiled. A good place to start the day is with breakfast in bed, because let’s face it… all the best gifts are edible and it’s hard to beat bed!
We have compiled some easy and delicious recipes to get you inspired! Just make sure you do the washing up too!
Croissant with Prosciutto, Rocket and Fig
4 slices prosciutto
1 fig, sliced
1. Cut each croissant in half but don’t cut all the way through.
2. Add some rocket, then arrange two slices of prosciutto on each croissant.
3. Top with the slices of fig and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Sourdough Toast with Avocado & Dukkah
2 slices sourdough, toasted
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1 tbs dukkah
1. Arrange the avocado slices nicely on the sourdough toast.
2. Sprinkle with the dukkah and drizzle over a little olive oil.
Buttermilk Pancakes with Fresh Berries & Creme Fraiche
75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
25g icing sugar
1/2 tbsp finely grated orange rind
1 egg, separated
160ml (3/4 cup) buttermilk
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Creme fraiche, to serve
1. Combine flour, icing sugar and orange rind in a bowl.
2. Place egg yolks and buttermilk in a jug and whisk lightly to combine, then pour into flour mixture and whisk to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold through flour mixture and set aside.
4. Heat half the vegetable oil and butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of pancake mixture and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining oil, butter and mixture.
To serve: Arrange the pancakes in stacks on serving plates. Top with a dollop of creme fraiche and arrange strawberries on top.
For more breakfast and brunch recipes take a look here:
How to Make Scrambled Eggs
Scrambled eggs, cooked well are utterly soft, creamy and delicious. Here is a quick guide & video to help you achieve perfect scrambled eggs every single time!
3 Ingredient Scones
This easy 3 ingredient scone recipe is so incredibly simple you’ll be able to whip up an impressive offering in about half an hour.
Gorgeous Green Smoothies
5 must-try concoctions that are just as wholesome and delicious as they are easy to whip up.