Treat Mum with breakfast in bed this Mother’s DayMay 6, 2020
Mother’s Day is the one day of the year that is all about Mum. Since she does so much for us every other day of the year, we think it goes without saying that she deserves to be treated extra special on this day.
What better way to start Mother’s Day than with breakfast in bed, because let’s face it, all the best gifts are edible!
The HelloFresh team have put together some simply delicious savoury and sweet breakfast recipes to get you inspired.
Croissant with Prosciutto, Rocket and Fig
4 slices prosciutto
1 fig, sliced
1. Cut each croissant in half but don’t cut all the way through.
2. Add some rocket, then arrange two slices of prosciutto on each croissant.
3. Top with the slices of fig and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Sourdough Toast with Avocado & Dukkah
2 slices sourdough, toasted
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1 tbs dukkah
1. Arrange the avocado slices nicely on the sourdough toast.
2. Sprinkle with the dukkah and drizzle over a little olive oil.
Buttermilk Pancakes with Fresh Berries & Creme Fraiche
75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
25g icing sugar
1/2 tbsp finely grated orange rind
1 egg, separated
160ml (3/4 cup) buttermilk
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Creme fraiche, to serve
1. Combine flour, icing sugar and orange rind in a bowl.
2. Place egg yolks and buttermilk in a jug and whisk lightly to combine, then pour into flour mixture and whisk to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold through flour mixture and set aside.
4. Heat half the vegetable oil and butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of pancake mixture and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining oil, butter and mixture.
To serve: Arrange the pancakes in stacks on serving plates. Top with a dollop of creme fraiche and arrange strawberries on top.
Happy Mother’s Day & happy cooking,
The HelloFresh Team