Last Week’s Favourite Recipe – Chilli, Bacon & Sweet Potato RisottoApril 30, 2015
Our risotto was a wonderful warming winner! Whip it up to find out why, see the recipe here.
Risotto is one of the more laborious recipes we do at HelloFresh. But we assure you it is well worth the effort and the flavours never disappoint. The sweet potato perfectly compliments the delicious creamy taste and texture of the arborio rice. Enjoy this one amongst your beloved.
Ingredients for two people
|400 g||sweet potato, peeled & diced|
|1 tbs||vegetable stock powder|
|1 L||boiling water|
|1 tbs||olive oil|
|1/2||brown onion, peeled & diced|
|2||garlic cloves, peeled & crushed|
|1||birdseye chilli, chopped|
|150 g||bacon, rind removed & chopped|
|200 g||arborio rice|
|100 ml||white wine (optional)|
|1 tbs||parsley, chopped|
|50 g||parmesan, chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan-forced.
2. Coat the sweet potato with some olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Spread out the sweet potato evenly on a baking tray and put into the oven for 20 minutes, or until soft and golden brown.
3. In a pot, bring the water to the boil and dissolve the vegetable stock powder. Leave the pot on a low heat to keep it warm.
4. Heat the butter and oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, chilli, and bacon and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the onion softens and the bacon has coloured. Add the arborio rice and cook for a further 1 minute. Add half of the white wine and a ladle of stock to the pan and stir until the rice has absorbed all of the liquid, add the remaining wine and another ladle of stock and continue this process until the rice is al dente.
5. Stir the sweet potato into the rice and then distribute evenly between bowls. Garnish with some parsley, a squeeze of lemon and a good grating of parmesan.
To enjoy have recipes like this, along with all the fresh ingredients you need to make them delivered to your home, check out our website www.hellofresh.com.au.