French Toast with Nutmeg and Rhubarb Confiture June 30, 2015
We know what you’re thinking – “French Toast is already delicious, there is no way to make it even more so!”. Well we’re not sorry to say, but you’re wrong! And if you don’t believe us, give this fresh recipe a try.
We’ve added nutmeg and created a beautiful homemade rhubarb confiture to give this classic french toast recipe a really special touch for a really special breaky.
Nutmeg French Toast with Homemade Rhubarb Confiture
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml milk
- 6 slices brioche or your choice of bread
- 5 tsp caster sugar
- 20 ml water
- 1 stick rhubarb, sliced
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs butter
- Heat a pot to a medium-high heat and add the rhubarb, water and the remaining sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine the egg, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and 2 tsp of the sugar in a bowl. Then, dip each side of the bread slices into the egg mixture.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium high heat and fry the bread slices for 1 minute on each side, or until browned.
- Place 3 slices on each plate and top with your delicious homemade rhubarb syrup (add ice cream if you’re feeling particularly cheeky). Enjoy!
What’s your absolute favourite breakfast for a special occasion? Let us know in the comments below!